Friday, May 30, 2014

Central Bark - A Place to Call Home

Charles was brought to me by Red Door when his previous family could no longer care for him. Red Door needed a foster for Charles, and I* agreed to take him here at Central Bark. Charles was very timid when he first arrived, but he immediately attached himself to me. I believe in these situations, homeless dogs do that as a survival mechanism; I am so happy that he did because I attached myself to him, too!

Charles fit in right away when he came to the day care and even when he came home with me. He has a strong personality and is the boss of my pitbull!! I could tell that he was so grateful to be with me.  He loved me and showed his love to me immediately.


It was clear what would happen next - I adopted Charles in September. Although his paperwork says age unknown he looked to be about 8 years old. He is not big on play time, and his favorite thing to do is to be in my arms.  When he sees me through the playgroup window at the day care, he starts jumping uncontrollably for me!!  As far as treats go, he eats anything and everything!!  He actually was overweight when I first adopted him. Now that he is a slim boy, I cannot believe when I see his chubby pics!


Charles has been an absolute treasure to me.  I cannot even imagine my life without my boy!


*Bonnie ,Charles' human, runs Central Bark, a doggy day care in the Avondale Chicago neighborhood. You can find them at:

3358 N. Pulaski
Chicago, IL 60641
Phone: 773.736.3641
Fax: 773.736.3695
chicagoavondale@centralbarkusa.com



No comments: